Welcome to the CenterPoint Energy Alumni Association!
The CenterPoint Energy UH Alumni Association of The University of Houston Alumni Association is organized exclusively for the charitable and educational purpose to advance the interest and promote the welfare of the University of Houston.
President: Richard Beasley (’01, MBA ’07)
Vice President: Alberto Garcia (’11)
Treasurer: Sarah Valle (’01)
Secretary: Michael Brooks (’16)
Immediate Past President: Jesus Guerra (’05, MBA ’07)
Board Member: Courtney Truman (MBA ’13)
Board Member: Michael Brooks (’16)
Board Member: Aaron Warren (’07)
Board Member: Brian Lee (’15, MS ’18)
Board Member: Ryan Duggan
Board Member: Paul Sierra (’12)
Events and Programs
The CenterPoint Energy Alumni Association is excited to tailgating again this year on Party on the Plaza. The group will be out for all home games.
Stay tuned for more information!
Annual Cougar Classic Golf Tournament
The CenterPoint Energy UH Alumni Association is sponsoring our 31st Annual Cougar Classic Golf Tournament on September 27, 2021
at the Northgate Country Club. The proceeds from this event benefit The University of Houston. To date, our funding for annual scholarships and other UH programs has exceeded $600,000.
Come meet fellow Cougars and learn more about the CenterPoint Energy University of Houston Alumni Association scholarship and endowment program, annual golf tournament, alumni membership subsidization, tailgating events, alumni board of director opportunities, and more!
CenterPoint Energy- UHAA Scholarship for Cougar Marching Band
- Scholarship applications must be certified full-time undergraduate or graduate students in good standing.
- Scholarship recipients may accept other scholarships and grand in conjunction with the CenterPoint Energy scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients must be an active member of the Cougar Marching Band
- Scholarship recipients who are Engineering, Technology, Business, Information Technology or Communications majors are preferred.
- A minimum of one $1,000 scholarship will be awarded (based on available distributable income equaling or exceeding $1,000.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL BE OPEN FROM JANUARY 6TH – APRIL 17TH. CLICK HERE to apply today!