Welcome to the CenterPoint Energy Alumni Association!
The CenterPoint Energy UH Alumni Association of The University of Houston Alumni Association is organized exclusively for the charitable and educational purpose to advance the interest and promote the welfare of the University of Houston.
President: Steve Malkey (’85)
Vice President: Jesus A. Guerra (B.S. ’05, M.B.A. ’07)
Treasurer: Richard Beasley (B.S. ’01, M.B.A. ’07)
Secretary: Paul Sierra II (’12)
Past President: Troy Donovan (’96)
Board Member: Albert C. Garcia (’11)
Board Member: Laurie Rutherford (’86, M.B.A. ’91, M.S. ’04)
Board Member: Corrie Morales (M.B.A. ’16)
Board Member: Nick Petersen (M.B.A. ’17)
Board Member: Courtney Truman(M.B.A. ’13)
Board Member: Brad Stoker (M.S. ’12)
Events and Programs
The CenterPoint Energy Alumni Association is excited to tailgating again this year on Party on the Plaza. The group will be out for all home games.
Stay tuned for more information!
Annual Cougar Classic Golf Tournament
The CenterPoint Energy UH Alumni Association is sponsoring our 30th Annual Cougar Classic Golf Tournament on September 23rd 2019. The proceeds from this event benefit The University of Houston. To date, our funding for annual scholarships and other UH programs has exceeded $600,000.
Come meet fellow Cougars and learn more about the CenterPoint Energy University of Houston Alumni Association scholarship and endowment program, annual golf tournament, alumni membership subsidization, tailgating events, alumni board of director opportunities, and more!
CenterPoint Energy- UHAA Scholarship for Cougar Marching Band
- Scholarship applications must be certified full-time undergraduate or graduate students in good standing.
- Scholarship recipients may accept other scholarships and grand in conjunction with the CenterPoint Energy scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients must be an active member of the Cougar Marching Band
- Scholarship recipients who are Engineering, Technology, Business, Information Technology or Communications majors are preferred.
- A minimum of one $1,000 scholarship will be awarded (based on available distributable income equaling or exceeding $1,000.
Congratulations to the 2017-2018 awardee Kristen Canales!
The application for the 2019-2020 scholarship will go live in January of 2019.