University of Houston Young Alumni
The University of Houston Alumni Association has taken a renewed focus in offering opportunities to our Young Alumni. Our goal is to foster a robust young alumni culture and connect recent graduates with the vast opportunities to engage with other alumni groups and fellow Young Alumni a like.
Our goal is to offer diverse programs focused around the following areas:
- Community Service
- Professional Networking
- Young Alumni Recognition
- Life Membership
JUST GRADUATED, OR GETTING READY TO? HAVE YOU COMPLETED YOUR ALUMNI GRADUATION CHECKLIST?
Meet the Young Alumni Association Board:
Kaitlyn Palividas (’17) – Co-Chair
Chris Gervasio (’17, ’18) – Co-Chair
Chloe Ng (’16) – Secretary
JP Dowling (’16) – Treasurer
Juli Root (’18) – Athletics Co-Chair
Anysha Trevino (’20) – Athletics Co-Chair
Derrick Davison (’20) – Service Chair
Isabel Escamilla (’19, ’20) – Social Chair
Scott Escalano (’20) – Communications Chair
Ivonne Jones (’16, ’20) – Professional Development Chair
Leen Basharat (’19) – Involvement Chair
Clay Warzecha (’12) – Recruitment Chair
WANT TO GET INVOLVED?
Follow us on Facebook: UHYoungAlum
Follow us on Instagram: @uhyoungalumni
Complete our Volunteer Interest Form
Donate to the Scholarship Fund here.
The Rising Star Award
The purpose of the Rising Star Award is to recognize and honor motivated young alumni who have excelled beyond the norm early in their careers, or young alumni who exhibit leadership, involvement, and hold key volunteer positions on campus or within the alumni association.
There are two Rising Star Awards – one for service and the other for achievement.
1. The recipient must be an active alumnus (annual donor to UH) for at least three years or a Life Member in good standing.
2. The recipient is being recognized for achievement or service and involvement that occurred by the age of 45.
3. Recipients must have either a graduate or bachelors degree from the University of Houston (main campus) or, in exceptional cases, must be clearly and distinctively identified with UH or the Alumni Association.
4. Alumni and friends cannot be considered during a year when they are candidates for election or re-election to a public office.
5. Current members of the UHAA Board of Directors or their immediate families are ineligible for award.
6. Current board members of The University of Houston Alumni Association Foundation Board and their immediate family are ineligible.
7. Current employees of the University of Houston and their immediate families are ineligible for the award, but exceptions can be made, by unanimous vote of the committee, for performances clearly superior to those normally considered extraordinary.
8. This award may not be conferred in absentia.
Please note the deadline for submission for next spring’s awards is October 15th. Nominations submitted after will be considered for the following year’s event.
CLICK HERE to nominate someone today.
If you’re like most Coogs, your friends, your clubs and your teams form some of your best memories of UH. You can keep those connections alive with a Life Membership. Over 40 alumni associations— and hundreds of events and programs throughout the year — keep Life Members in touch. You and other alumni can meet again to socialize, celebrate and build valuable networks. There’s a group of Cougars waiting just for you. Do you want to start your own business? Or learn how to transform the community around you? Your Life Member friends are there to help. Connect with old friends and create new opportunities with a UH Life Membership.
RECENT GRADUATE | YOUNG ALUMNI (WITHIN THE LAST 10 YEARS )
$750 Individual | $1250 Joint (2-person)
CLICK HERE to join today!
Upcoming Events (More Information to Come):
Wednesday, October 12th – Virtual Professional Development Event – Personal Branding