Distinguished Service Award Nomination Criteria
Please consider the following criteria when nominating someone for the Distinguished Service Award:
1. Only UHAA Life Members in good standing are eligible to receive the award.
2. Award recipients will have demonstrated exceptional service in one or more of the following ways:
- given freely of their time and talent throughout the year or provided sustained support over a period of years,
- by an extraordinary act or effort made a significant contribution to UHAA’s goals and programs,
- through their efforts on behalf of UH and UHAA brought favorable publicity and recognition to UHAA’s programs and goals, or
- made a significant financial contribution to an UHAA or UH project or program.
3. UHAAF President of the Board, President-Elect and members of the Board of Directors whose term of office do not expire within the same fiscal year in which the award will be presented are ineligible to receive the award.
4. Individuals cannot be recognized for work for which they have received financial compensation.
5. Previous recipients of the award are ineligible to receive it again.
6. An individual may not receive both the Distinguished Alumni Award and the Distinguished Service Award during the same year.
Please note the deadline for submission for next spring’s awards is October 15th.