UHAA Chairs Award Nomination Criteria
Please Consider the following criteria when nominating individuals for the UHAA Chair’s Award:
1.The award is a one-time honor; therefore, previous award recipients are not eligible.
2. Current employees of the University of Houston are not eligible for the Chair’s Award.
3. Members of the UHAA Board of Directors and the Award Selection Committee are not eligible for consideration.
4. Relatives, employers, and employees of members of the Selection Committee are not eligible for consideration.
5. Nominee must be either a non-alumni or have attended the University of Houston less than twelve hours.
6. Nominee must be distinguished in his or her business, profession, life work, or other worthy endeavor.
7. Nominee must be a person of such integrity, stature, and demonstrate ability that the award will reflect honor on the University of Houston and create a sense of pride among members of the university community.
8. Nominee must have demonstrated a continuing interest in the University of Houston.
9. Nominee must be an active alumnus (annual donor to UH) or Life Member in good standing of the University of Houston Alumni Association.
10. The award may not be conferred in abstention.
11. No person will be chosen for the award while a candidate for an elected public office in the year of the award.
Please note the deadline for submission for next spring’s awards is October 15th.