Rising Star Award Nomination Criteria
Please Consider the following criteria when nominating individuals for the Rising Star Award:
1. The recipient must be an active alumnus (annual donor to UH) for at least three years or a Life Member in good standing.
2. The recipient is being recognized for achievement or service and involvement that occurred by the age of 45.
3. Recipients must have either a graduate or bachelors degree from the University of Houston (main campus) or, in exceptional cases, must be clearly and distinctively identified with UH or the Alumni Association.
4. Alumni and friends cannot be considered during a year when they are candidates for election or re-election to a public office.
5. Current members of the UHAA Board of Directors or their immediate families are ineligible for award.
6. Current board members of The University of Houston Alumni Association Foundation Board and their immediate family are ineligible.
7. Current employees of the University of Houston and their immediate families are ineligible for the award, but exceptions can be made, by unanimous vote of the committee, for performances clearly superior to those normally considered extraordinary.
8. This award may not be conferred in absentia.
Please note the deadline for submission for next spring’s awards is October 15th.